[Sca-cooks] Beef Bafflement article

marilyn traber 011221 phlip at 99main.com
Sat Apr 15 09:46:45 PDT 2006

 [Yes, I was the perfect little
> Hermione, having been cooking for more than half my life
> already...but I'd rather have taken shop where I could have learned
> something NEW.]
>
> Selene

We didn't have anything like that, either cooking or shop, in my HS. My early
cooking I learned from my grade school, where the kids were expected to make
a salad or dessert for dinner for everyone when it was their turn for that
chore, and coming home on weekends, and learning from my mother, who is an
excellent cook. Did surprise her once, though. Teamed up one evening with my
little sister, to feed us all (a family of 5), and for dessert, made her a
Baked Alaska. She still talks about that, to this day ;-)

A, if you ever talk to her directly (and I'm sure you will at some point)
make sure you ask her about that ;-)

Phlip