[Sca-cooks] Sausage Making

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Sat Apr 15 18:14:46 PDT 2006

On Apr 15, 2006, at 8:27 PM, Fairy Tale Designs wrote:

> Sauerkraut, compost (and its assorted relatives), and Rumpolt's beet
> with horseradish relish are all good accompaniments. Good mustard, of
> course, and maybe one of Platina's roasted vegetable salads (onion,
> or carrot, etc.) would also be good.
>
> Adamantius
>

>   Do you mean the fruit/veggie mixture and sometimes nuts?
>
>   if so, I have never tried making it, but it sounds intersting.
> What does it look like though once it is done? Does it become a bit
> blank in color or doe sit retain some ?

It's a mixed pickle of fruits and vegetables (the nuts are green, a
little like immature fava beans or those green soybeans you can
sometimes get fresh in Japanese restaurants) in texture and flavor,
and pretty much interchangeable with vegetables) with pale and dark
bits, usually colored with saffron and/or saunders. I wouldn't call
it dull-looking by any means.

Adamantius

eat cake!"
"Confessions", 1782