[Sca-cooks] Sausage Making

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Sat Apr 15 18:31:03 PDT 2006

>   Now I have another question.  Has anyone here made sausages and if so, did you find the task to be difficult? I am looking into buying a meat grinder/sausage combo for next to nothing.   I remember someone saying that the casings can be difficult to find, but I have found an on-line source that ships them in brine and vaccumed sealed.

I've done it several times. I would say that the Kitchen aid sausage
stuffer attachment is pretty much a pain to use, but if you have a good
sausage stuffer-- I reccomend the plunger-fed ones, as the stuffing goes
quite quickly and the hardest part is setting up the skins. It will take
several hours at least to do 20 lbs of sausage on a Kitchenaid; with a
plunger-stuffer I was able to do 40 lbs in about 45 minutes.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"America was not built on fear. America was built on courage, on
imagination and an unbeatable determination to do the job at hand."
	-- Harry S. Truman