[Sca-cooks] Really Spiffy Decorated Eggs

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 16 09:22:36 PDT 2006

On 4/16/06 8:06 AM, "Elaine Koogler" <ekoogler1 at comcast.net> wrote:

> Sharon Gordon wrote:
>> http://www.dharmatrading.com/featured_products/easter_eggs.html

> Yup...it's called pysanky (??sp), an Eastern European technique...mainly
> from Russia.  I have an "apprentege" who is trying to find documentation
> for the technique in period.
>
> Kiri

Mistress Renata, who is lurking on this list, taught a class in Pysanky a
few years ago and I'm itching to try it again.  She may have tracked down
some doc by now.

Important safety tip:  since the eggs are properly done raw and not emptied
[apparently, that would let all the good luck out -- and on a practical
level, they would not stay immersed in the dye], it is very important that
you do not break the egg.  You will know that the good luck has escaped
because of the pluperfectally ghastly smell!

Selene [or is that Selenka Ivanova?]