Coffee, was Re: [Sca-cooks] Cola with sugar...

Judith L. Smith Adams judifer50 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 18 09:49:34 PDT 2006

marilyn traber 011221 <phlip at 99main.com> wrote:  > I should break out my Turkish Coffee gear and make the Brew That Is
> True in a more historical manner, I'm thinking. The trick is
> finding the "ibriks" [long handled coffee pots] that don't look too
> modern. Getting tricky these days. I'd also like some advice about
> tabletop heating, a little charcoal burner maybe?
>
> Selene

Me, I love coffee, good, bad, or indifferent, but I have to drink decaf or I
get an upset stomach, if I drink more than a cup. Rob accidently put part of
a pot of caffeinated coffee in my decaf pot the other day, and I wasn't able
to sleep until about 4 PM the next day, not that I'm sensitive to caffeine,
or anything ;-)

But, Selene, the reason I posted you is a friend of mine, Jaji does a Turkish
coffee booth at events, and he has a lot of the equipment. I'm going to fwd
your email on to him, see if he can make suggestions. He also gives me all
his leftover peppermint tea at the end of events, which hurts my feelings
horribly ;-) Good guy ;-) Kept me in coffee, too, at Brighid's Elevation and
Vigil- wasn't any other coffee in the whole building, that I could find...

Phlip