Coffee, was Re: [Sca-cooks] Cola with sugar...

Colin MacNachtan dcm at mccr.org
Tue Apr 18 09:52:34 PDT 2006

--On Tuesday, April 18, 2006 09:27:25 -0700 Susan Fox
<selene at earthlink.net> wrote:

> I should break out my Turkish Coffee gear and make the Brew That Is True
> in a more historical manner, I'm thinking.  The trick is finding the
> "ibriks" [long handled coffee pots] that don't look too modern.  Getting
> tricky these days.  I'd also like some advice about tabletop heating, a
> little charcoal burner maybe?

I'm not sure what constitutes "don't look too modern", but you might want
to check out this page:

http://www.sweetmarias.com/prod.brewers.ibrik.shtml

As for tabletop heating, check out the "vacuum brewers" link.  They use a
small spirit lamp and look really cool.  One of these days I'm going to
actually get one :)

Colin