[Sca-cooks] Bundt Cake Contest

King's Taste Productions kingstaste at comcast.net
Tue Apr 18 16:03:48 PDT 2006

To celebrate the 60th anniversary of Nordic Ware, the "Bundts Across
AmericaT" recipe contest will be held throughout the summer of 2006.
Bakers from around the country will be asked to submit Bundt recipes
that reflect their state, i.e. a submission from Georgia could be a
"peach" themed cake.

Entries will be judged on originality, taste, texture, visual appearance

and how closely their recipe reflects their state and captures the
essence of the Bundt cake.

Johnnae

I think I would go another route than the peach cake, or at least not
entirely peach.  We have some wonderful nuts here - and the pecans and
peanuts are actual crops here (unlike peaches - we still grow some, but
SC really has that market now).  I think perhaps a flourless nut cake
made with pecans, and maybe a peanut butter center in the bundt.  Topped
with some mayhaw jelly from south GA, or even some muscadine grape
syrup, now we're talking!
Christianna