[Sca-cooks] Re: Food-related Meta-Issue

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 19 08:08:36 PDT 2006

Sure, it would be nice, but NO medieval recreation organization has
managed all of these at the same time.  I could make a few arguments in
favor of a few of our royals fulfilling up to the latter three at the
same time, but their better qualities are not the same skills that won
their Crowns.  [I'm thinking Guillaume and Felinah of Caid in
particular, of course, but they were Landed Baronage and Pelicans before
he ever won Crown.  The experience helped a lot.]

What did you have in mind in terms of "gained the throne in period
ways"?  Thumping the other guys by group combat instead of single
combat?  The Adrian Empire has gotten just as many royal prats that way
as the SCA has, get real.  Being born to the right parents?  The only
second-generation royals I can think of off the top of my head are the
Bellatrix boys, and even then, neither of them succeeded their father
directly.

Enjoying the discussion!

Selene