[Sca-cooks] Re: Food-related Meta-Issue

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Wed Apr 19 08:57:40 PDT 2006

Tom Vincent wrote:
> Sad that the best things SCAdians can come up with about their royals are:
>   1) They're as bad as period crowns
>   2) At least they're only around 6 months
>   3) Their qualifications are completely unauthentic and unperiod, but at least they won one tourney
>
>   :)
>
>   Wouldn't it be better if the SCA had crowns that:
>   1) Gained the throne in period ways?
>   2) Reflected the *best* of period royalty?
>   3) Were respected by the populace?
>   4) Had proved leadership and organization skills?
>
>   Duriel

Actually, oddly enough, many of them do.  We were fortunate some years
back to have Duke Stefan of Bellatrix and his lovely Duchess Niobe as
our Crowns.  Oh, what a wondrous reign!!!  They brought a whole new
atmosphere to the royalty of Atlantia, one that it has taken 3 years to
smother.  Sad.  Wish they could all be like that!

Kiri