Verjuice - was Re: [Sca-cooks] Rumpolt Hungarian Chicken

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Wed Apr 19 11:47:05 PDT 2006

Tom Vincent wrote:
> I know this comes up every once in a while, but my favorite commercially available Verjuice is Navarro's Chardonnay Verjus (2005).
>
>   http://www.navarrowine.com/shop/productdetail.php?prodid=489#
>
>   There's a nice recipe link there, too.
>

>   Duriel
>   (oh, how I miss small California wineries!)

Yes, I agree that there's is superb.  However, it is frightfully
expensive, too much so for most feasts.  I've heard rumors of a possible
supplier in Baltimore, MD, who is substantially cheaper...but hav enot
had the time to chase it down.  I did find a merchant in New York City
who carries it as
well...http://www.frenchfeast.com/products.htm#condiments , and one in
Florida:  http://www.markys.com/caviar/customer/home.php?cat=584.  Be
warned, however.  They both carry lots of other really spiffy stuff!
I'm in the process of working on a chocolate syrup with merlot wine and
rasberry flavorings...YUMMMMMMMM.

Kiri (but then, of course, it's great...it's chocolate, after all!)