[Sca-cooks] Adding to the melted cheese recipes ...

Judith L. Smith Adams judifer50 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 20 10:13:58 PDT 2006

And how about some portable pickles... and a bit of chutney?

  Is a chutney-like substance of the sweet-sour cooked variety even remotely period anywhere??  Seems to me that Major Grey and his cousins are a 19th century British attempt to home a bit of India, but was there something LIKE them in period?

  Judith, who must have chutney in her life...

  Maire wrote:
  I'd add mustard (there are period recipes for mustards for traveling), and
biscotti...and maybe some nice, cured sausages....
--Maire, fond of most varieties of cheese goo...mmmmmmm

  Original Message/Judith wrote:

  I see an A&S entry here: Contestant rides in with full saddlebags and
cheeses slung wherever they should be slung, dismounts with a flourish, and
serves up a traveler's mini-feast... Bread and cheese and wine... Other
goodies?  ...cooks up melted cheese goo...
--Judith