[Sca-cooks] Stickjock accents

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Thu Apr 20 16:42:55 PDT 2006

At 04:25 PM 4/20/2006, you wrote:
> > I think Ansteorra is pretty lucky in that aspect. I don't belive
> > we have many like that and especially not any knights that I
> > know of. Being an all-around participant is pretty important if
> > you want to be even cosidered for knighthood here.
>
>Most Knights ARE pretty good, in that respect, particularly the old-timers.
>Most of the older Knights acquired their regalia at a time when they were
>looked at as whole people, expected to dance, play chess, etc. That's why so
>many tend to acquire Pels, and not a few, eventually Laurels- they aren't one
>trick ponies.
>
>But, I've noticed a tendency for there to be more and more of the fighter
>only types in  evidence, and frankly I find it disturbing (and, incidently,
>I'm including Master-at Arms in the above).

It's actually one of Regina's favorite things to grouse about- the number
of folks who seem to be achieving Ducal status with only a belt between
them. I'm not sure if it's an An Tir thing or not- she is of the opinion
that in other lands the number of royals who are also Pels or Laurels is
higher. I am also given to understand that royals who are not members of
the Orders seem to have *koff* less of an understanding of what the Orders
are about and how they function as a unit (or not). It can make for
difficulties.

Which is not to say that royals who are not members of the Orders are of
lesser worth, but it may be an indicator of their view of the Game on the
overall, if they aren't members or striving towards such. Wanting more than
a hat does tend to color your perspective.

'Lainie