[Sca-cooks] lamb recipes?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Apr 20 20:08:40 PDT 2006

Anne-Marie asked:
=======
I just received 18 lbs of homegrown lamb stew meat, and am looking for
some inspiration...

If you were going to do a stew like thing (thought I'd do it up for the
gang at May Crown), what is your favorite? Docuemtned period recipes
only please....
=======

Is this "lamb" by medieval terms? or is this modern mutton which is
often called "lamb"?

Either way, take a look at this file in the FOOD-MEATS section of the
Florilegium:
lamb-mutton-msg  (108K) 10/13/04    Medieval lamb and mutton. Recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/lamb-mutton-msg.html

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas