[Sca-cooks] Pizzelles

Fairy Tale Designs avrealtor at prodigy.net
Thu Apr 20 21:07:46 PDT 2006

I had the sweet kind. They turned out just fine.  Not bad for my first time, but getting the amount of batter and cooking time was a bit rough. I think I wasted 5 out of 30.

  I used the recipe that came with the machine
  3 eggs
  1 3/4 flour
  1/2 cup melted butter
  2 teaspoons baking powder
  1 tablespoon vanilla (it also suggested anise, which I didn't have)
  3/4 cup sugar

  Was going to drizzle some chocolate syrup in them but realized that the kids used it all to make chocolate milk.

  Had also found a modern recipe for Cappuchino flavored pizzelle.  make them into little cones and then dip in chocolate to just get 1/3 done. Maybe fill with some chocolate whipped cream.  MMMM chocolate........oh wait hazelnuts would be good too......

  Will try some savory tomorrow.

Stefan li Rous <StefanliRous at austin.rr.com> wrote:
  Muiriath commented:
===
Making some right now, thought I would make everyone drool (besides
the whole political thread is giving me a headaceh)
===

So, are you making savory or sweet wafers/pizzelles?

If you are making the former, please let us know how they turned out
and if they were soggy?

I've tried the savory versions, but have been less than impressed as
they have either been rather soft or messy or both.

Stefan
(For those who don't know what a pizzelle or wafer is, see:
wafers-msg (85K) 11/13/04 Period savory and sweet wafers.
Recipes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-BREADS/wafers-msg.html )
--------
Mark S. Harris Austin, Texas