[Sca-cooks] Wines at a Feast

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Fri Apr 21 04:22:26 PDT 2006

At 04:02 AM 4/21/2006, you wrote:
>Has anyone actually paid much attention to the wine served at a feast?
>
>   Like selecting a wine to go with each course, for example?
>
>   Duriel

Serving wine at a feast is, well...

According to _The Corporate Policies of the Society for Creative
Anachronism, Inc._

>VIII. POLICY ON ALCOHOL
>
>Manufacturing, distributing, selling, serving, or furnishing of alcoholic
>beverages by the SCA or its branches or subdivisions is prohibited within
>the United States and its territories.
>
>Officers are not prohibited from giving gifts of alcohol; however, it must
>be done as individuals, and not as part of their official duties as
>officers. Giving or receiving gifts of alcohol in court is not considered
>to be part of an officer's official duties.

Other places, such as Canada, have different laws regarding alcohol, and
one should consult the laws of those kingdoms before planning wine at a feast.

In general, I suspect it is not so hot of idea, as it has the potential to
open us up to liability issues, and we really don't want to go there.

'Lainie