[Sca-cooks] Re: Jadwiga's Ginger Syrup recipe

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Apr 22 14:42:37 PDT 2006

Vitha asked:
=====
How shelf stable is this?  Does it need refrigeration?  If not, how
long will it last on the shelf ? Months? Weeks?

Sounds yummy.
=====

Almost indefinitely, I believe. *When* kept as a concentrated sugar
syrup. I believe some people have given various case histories of
this, in this file in the BEVERAGES section of the Florilegium:
jalabs-msg        (71K)  7/ 3/04    Drinks with a sugar or honey-
syrup base such
                                        as Sekanjabin (Persian Mint
Drink).
http://www.florilegium.org/files/BEVERAGES/jalabs-msg.html

This file also has a number of other period jalab like recipes, most
provided by Master Cariadoc. I'd love to hear comments about and
redactions of some of these others that folks might have tried.
There are lots of Sekanjabin recipes floating around the SCA. I've
love to see some of these other ones worked on. Unfortunately half
the work is finding some of these other ingredients.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com