[Sca-cooks] Ginger Woes, was Jadwiga's Ginger Syrup recipe

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Sun Apr 23 13:24:50 PDT 2006

> Anybody got any ideas on what I can do with the better part of a pound of
> fresh ginger, and some fresh lemons? My first thought was gingerale, but I
> don't have the brewing equipment, or the time to deal with it right now
> (going out of town next weekend), or, come to think of it, the room for the
> brewing equipment.  What's my best bet? Some sort of candied ginger? About
> the only thing I've come up with for the lemons is my spring favorite,
> completely unperiod, Ohio Lemon Pie, but it's just me, and I don't want to
> be eating pie for a week.  *sigh*

Just make more ginger syrup and candied ginger and then make candied
lemon peel.

I just keep putting in ginger until I get bored, you know? 4-5" is a
very rough measurement. Try the syrup and if you like it, just make
more. You can also use light vinegar instead of the lemon juice if you
want-- cider vinegar works.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"America was not built on fear. America was built on courage, on
imagination and an unbeatable determination to do the job at hand."
	-- Harry S. Truman