[Sca-cooks] 16th C non-alcoholic drinks?

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 24 18:42:13 PDT 2006

Johnnae wrote:
>What about the chapter in C. Anne Wilson's Food and Drink in Britain on
>drinking in Britain?
>She mentions water, milk, whey, and buttermilk on page 371.

That's why i mentioned buttermilk in my original message. Other books
mention that in the rural areas in Britain people drank whey and
buttermilk... Now, i am a AVID buttermilk fan. I can swill down a
quart  in a few minutes. Mmm-mmm-mmm... but it might be a bit...
rustic... for the planned sophisticated gathering...
--
Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita