[Sca-cooks] Indoor wood oven, spice rack

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Wed Apr 26 05:30:03 PDT 2006

Along these same lines, Gourmet magazine for May 2006 has
several articles on cooking over fire.
There's even an article on constructing an outdoor oven.
http://www.sfbi.com/  's course is recommended.
Also there is an article of  'don't try this at home or let the
menfolk get drunk and decide to try this at camp' sort.
The subject is Wisconsin Fish Boils where one completes the
outdoor cooking by throwing a mason jar full of kerosene on the
fire to complete the cooking. It all boils over then. Lots of
opportunities to burn
things down in a dramatic fashion. All to selections of polka music.
http://www.lakemichiganangler.com/recipes/fish/door_county_fish_boil_photos.htm
The issue is glossy reading, but if you are in a checkout line someplace

Johnnae