[Sca-cooks] Playing with cheesecake...

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Wed Apr 26 07:41:37 PDT 2006

I imagine you'd have to play, some.  Oh, darn, right?  I've done cheesecakes
with fewer eggs, more eggs, egg whites only, full-fat cream cheese,
reduced-fat cream cheese, ricotta cheese (store-bought or homemade), sour
cream, low-fat sour cream, yogurt cheese, etc.  Some of them have definitely
been softer, although they all did well enough to serve.  The softer ones
were ones that contained stuff that was looser (undrained sour cream), or
fewer eggs/cream cheese, or actual liquid ingredients (too much liqueur in
the filling), that sort of thing.
--Maire