[Sca-cooks] Re: Pleasant Italian fish recipes

Tom Vincent tom.vincent at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 26 09:27:08 PDT 2006

You cook for a music group?

  Duriel

Cat Dancer <pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com> wrote:

>> So, I look for pleasant, easy recipes that lend themselves to feasts -- does *anyone* do Med/Ren cooking for less than 50 anymore? :) -- have period ingredients & techniques that might help or inspire someone. Fancy & complex I'll save for arts entries. :)

Actually, yes. The consort and I are extremely fond of the civey recipe in
Taillevent:
http://www.telusplanet.net/public/prescotj/data/viandier/viandier415.html#viandier19

It's tasty with chicken, but not nearly as tasty as with bunny, and it
freezes really well.

There's also a lovely fish recipe in the second of the Two Anglo-Norman
Culinary Collections, which of course is at home, but it involves grilling
the fish and then simmering in wine and spices. Really tasty. I'll have to
post it tonight when I get home.

Margaret FitzWilliam of Kent
Nordskogen
Northshield