Sefl-cooking RE: [Sca-cooks] Non-feast cooking

Anne-Marie Rousseau dailleurs at liripipe.com
Thu Apr 27 10:52:45 PDT 2006

when its just me, I'm likely to pan grill a GOOD steak, and steam some seasonal organic
veggies. toss with lemon pepper and brign to the table with the bottle of A1 :)

or cut up the steak and put it on top of organic field greens with gorganzola crumbles, and
a balsamic vinegrette

if I'm eating out of the pantry it will be a tuna melt or burrito with vegetarian refried
beans, cheese and newmans pineapple salsa :)

for company, I'll usually roast a free range chicken, oven roast whatever veggies look good
and maybe steam something (I go for two to three veggies). Plan B is a pork roast with some
sort of fruit sauce (take your favorite homemade jam. melt in a sauce pan. stir in garlic,
gigner, a splash of vinegar and a splash of tabasco)

I actually dont cook medieval food as a regular thing unless its by special request :). I do
it all the time on the weekends for events, though.

I discovered soem years ago its not about the complicated recipe, its aobut starting with
premium high quality ingredients and letting them do what they're supposed to do. a very un
medieval mindset...they seemed to really enjoy taking food and making it look/taste like
something totally different, at least according tot he menus, etc...

--AM
--AM

On Thu Apr 27 11:16 , "grizly"  sent: