Sefl-cooking RE: [Sca-cooks] Non-feast cooking

Jeff Gedney gedney1 at iconn.net
Fri Apr 28 06:53:48 PDT 2006

>What do cooks eat when its just for them? I'm always fascinated
>to hear what foodies cook for themselves and their families and
>what simple food pleasures they enjoy.

Usually, its pretty simple stuff, generally depending on what I have left over.
Of late, a favorite of the family is leftover steak, sliced thin and chowed up with onions and garlic and a bottled teryaki glaze, and served hot on a bed of crisp spring salad greens with a raspberry-walnut vinagarette.
About 10 mins to prepare.

Often its some soup made from one of the big holiday meals, Beef, Turkey or Pea... whatever.

If I dont have anything leftover, I'll get a bunch of stuff and make something big, and invite the In-laws over (they adore my cooking), then I can have leftovers again. In spring and summer that usually means something on the grill, with fresh corn when available.

I want so much to improvise a table grill to do a Yakiniku party.
I got hooked on it at an EXCELLENT Japanese restaurant in Appleton, Wisconsin (of all places).

I'll figure it out, some time this summer.

Capt Elias
Dragonship Haven, East
(Stratford, CT, USA)
Apprentice in the House of Silverwing