Sefl-cooking RE: [Sca-cooks] Non-feast cooking

morses3 at aol.com morses3 at aol.com
Fri Apr 28 08:51:02 PDT 2006

>What do cooks eat when its just for them? I'm always fascinated
>to hear what foodies cook for themselves and their families and
>what simple food pleasures they enjoy.

The standby at our house is usually based around meat filled tomato sauce that I make in batches and freeze so I can pull it out at the last minute. Ground beef, crushed and diced tomatoes, tomato paste, red wine, oregano, sugar, garlic, onions, bell peppers, *lots* of basil, pepper, simmered with some pork ribs or sausage in the pot that we fish out and eat that day for dinner without sauce.

Out of the freezer, we use the sauce for spaghetti, baked ziti, chicken parmesan, omelet filling wqith sausage links, lasagna, etc.

If I'm too lazy to do even that, pepperoni Hot Pockets are good :-)

Geffrei