[Sca-cooks] El drama del medievalcafé

Carole Smith renaissancespirit2 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 27 17:28:49 PDT 2006

Actually, the coffee pot is so small that you can only make maybe 6 or 8 cups at a time, assuming you can find a pot big enough.  My pot makes 2 cups, but they do come quite a bit larger.  There is a good reason for using that style pot, with the sides slanting in.  Keeps the coffee from spilling over while it's boiling up, which you do twice.  Then pour before the grounds settle.

  Somebody will always ask you if they are supposed to consume the sludge in the bottom of their cup. Most people don't.

  In modern times the person making the coffee would ask if you wanted it a little or a lot sweet or no sugar.  And then proceed to make coffee to your taste.  It only takes a couple of minutes to make Arabic coffee, but still - this is NOT something I'd want to do at a feast.

  Most of your diners won't like coffee that strong, and will prefer "American" coffee, which you can make in a 50-cup pot.

  Cordelia

On Thu Apr 27 16:59 , Suey sent: