[Sca-cooks] Re: lamb vs. mutton

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Sat Apr 29 06:03:05 PDT 2006

Bear wrote:

>Yes. This is aged mutton, just like aged beef. It will have been hung in a
>cool room with good air circulation to reduce the moisture content and
>soften the meat fibers. Properly cooked, I bet it was superb.

It was!  I was, however, dismayed at the diners near me who discarded the
lovely strip of fat that surrounded each "roundel" of mutton.  SCAToday.net
should have an article this Tues or Wed about the Edwardian banquet where
Devra and I consumed all those delicacies.

Alys Katharine

Elise Fleming
alysk at ix.netcom.com
http://home.netcom.com/~alysk/