[Sca-cooks] custards

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Apr 29 23:32:26 PDT 2006

Flip replied to me with:

Stefan li Rous <StefanliRous at austin.rr.com> writes:
 > What are some examples of savory custards? It is possible I've had
 > such, but don't remember them as custards.

What is the defining characteristic of custards?
Quiche is essentially a custard pie, is it not?

http://fooddownunder.com/cgi-bin/recipe.cgi?r=86827
has some interesting factoids.

My gut feeling is that the difference between scrambled eggs and
custard is mostly texture, and perhaps the addition of unprocessed
dairy.
<<<<<<<

Oh! Then maybe my idea of exactly what a "custard" is, is a bit off.

I was thinking of custard as in the filling of a custard or chess
pie, not something like scrambled eggs. Maybe something resembling a
pudding. However, that is still not anything like an omelette or
scrambled eggs. Hmmm.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas