[Sca-cooks] Really Spiffy Decorated Eggs

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Apr 30 00:01:31 PDT 2006

Radei said:

I would like to be included in that contact please.  I do want to
learn.  I know the technique, but am not experienced, and have very
little in the way of documentation.
<<<<

While you (we) are waiting for more information from those who have
researched this subject, perhaps this file in the CRAFTS section of
the Florilegium might give you a place to start:
pysanky-eggs-msg  (18K)  9/13/00    Painted and dyed eggs of eastern
Europe.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CRAFTS/pysanky-eggs-msg.html

I attended an interesting hands-on class on these, and made a pair,
back at the 25th Year Celebration. One of these managed to survive
until my last move. I still have the tool that you melt the wax in
over a candle or burner. Perhaps its time to try this again sometime.
I don't like the idea of not emptying out the eggs and filling the
egg with a layer of wax sounds like a good compromise.

Leaving the inside of the egg there to rot, reminds me a lot of the
time I tried to make one of those "ocean in a bottle". These are the
bottles of two fluids, one clear and one colored and when you shake
them you get waves that look like ocean waves in slow motion. Well,
using kerosene(?) and water was probably not a good choice. It might
have exploded on it's own, but demonstrating it over mom's good,
wooden dining room table was probably not a wise choice either. :-(

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com