[Sca-cooks] What NOT to serve at feast...

marilyn traber 011221 phlip at 99main.com
Sun Apr 30 17:54:06 PDT 2006

> Actually that date is more likely in error-- That's a Gervase
> Markham recipe according to another source. It's given as 1683 which
> would make it a late edition. Here it's given as-- f you are curious,
>  your friendly neighbourhood purveyor of beeves might source you an
> udder, and you can try Gervase Markham’s recipe (1683), which sounds
> good enough for guests. To roast a Cows Udder
> http://theoldfoodie.blogspot.com/2006/03/archive-february.html
>
> Johnnae

Well, I kinda thought it might be a typo, a transpositioning of the 6 and 8,
but either way, it's still out of period. 83 years is longer than I've been
alive, or for that matter, hope to be ;-)

And, I might try it, next time I butcher, but it's not really on my to do
list, unlike the Easter Lamb from Sabina Welserin ;-)

Phlip