[Sca-cooks] OT collecting disability

Lisa silvina at allegiance.tv
Thu Aug 3 09:31:51 PDT 2006

I've been staying out of this because it can be a volitale subject.  My
husband is on disability, he got it first try, but there was NO way they
could deny his disability exists. (he's permanently paralyzed from the waist
down due to spinal severing.)  I will say that the SSD dr he had to see did
everything she could to prove he was faking, without even bothering to look
at any of his medical history.  She left bruises on his knees and feet
trying to get a nerve reaction.  I also have a friend who finally after more
than 10 years got SSD.  Their final excuse for denial was that he WAS
disabled, but he didn't have just one thing that disabled him.  He has
Diabetes, he's illiterate due to a medical condition, he has schizophrenia,
Gout, severe acid refux which was misdiagnosed until it eat a hole in his
esophagus and allowed stomach acid to drip on his heart 2 different times,
triggering a heart attack each time.  I also know several people who got SSD
first try who I know for a fact are faking their problem.  I honestly
question how the people who make the decisions actually make a decision as
to who gets it and who doesn't.  Someone once described it to me as they
throw darts at the cases and the one they hit gets it lol... sounds as
likely as any other possibility.

Elizabeta