[Sca-cooks] Subtleties Contest at the War

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Thu Aug 3 17:27:30 PDT 2006

Faerisa asked:

> This begs the question: did anyone get photos of last year's entries?
>If so, where can I find them? Baring that, can anyone provide a
>description of what was presented?

Seems to me there was a problem last year.  I went down to Casa Barducci at
the time for viewing and the villa hadn't been finished being set up.
There were two entries at that time, if memory serves.  And, I think I -
and someone else? - posted information to SCA Cooks about the entries.
Seems to me there ended up being only those two offerings.  One was sugar
paste (again, IIRC) with a theme of something like "pen...s on the half
shell", rather like a take on the birth of Venus, rising up on the scallop
shell from the ocean.

I find it frustrating that for several years the announcements have been
posted too late to do anything about the competition.

Alys Katharine

Elise Fleming
alysk at ix.netcom.com
http://home.netcom.com/~alysk/