[Sca-cooks] OT Geeky Word stuff Re: Sugar production

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 4 03:39:36 PDT 2006

--- lilinah at earthlink.net wrote:

> -- And then was on a large Unix system, as part of an experimental
> group - the experiment was networked computing - the computer
> students couldn't understand how they could log onto the system, and
> not access their files - but it could happen, because they could log
> on to any computer that was up, but their files could be on another
> computer that was down for maintenance... gee, makes me think of
> Yahoo...

I don't understand why it would.  I don't have any problems connecting
to Yahoo and my accounts.  I have been using Yahoo for more that 10 years
now and never have had any major problems with it.  In fact, when SBC bought
or merged with Yahoo, their DSL was great and fast.  Although I can't say the
same now that AT&T bought SBC.  I have had more problems with my connection
with AT&T than I ever did with SBC.  Sigh.  But as for Yahoo, I can get to
my e-mail on any computer that is connected to the internet and I have.  Never
have had problems going to someone else's computer and connecting to Yahoo.
Before I had my own computer, I used my work computer, a computer cafe at my
local college, Kinko's, several commercial computer cafe's that set up business
locally, and various friend's computers.  I have never had problems accessing
Yahoo.  And I find websites just as easily with Yahoo as others do on Google.

Huette, a true Yahoo yahoo.