[Sca-cooks] Sca-cooks Digest, Vol 4, Issue 29

Kathleen Madsen kmadsen12000 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 5 10:10:28 PDT 2006

Oh dear, I think I may have caused confusion.  When I
said it was illegal to sell raw milk cheeses under 60
days of age I was not referring at all to the milk
that the producer makes.  PA licenses milk producers
to be able to sell raw milk legally.  Federal law
states that *cheeses* that are made with raw milk
*cannot* be sold under 60 days of age.  This does not
refer to raw milk in PA.

I was putting out the warning that while you can't
sell raw milk cheeses, you *can* offer them as tastes
or as gifts.  I didn't want someone to make cheese
with raw milk, offer them for sale, and then get
burned for a regulation they were unaware of.

Eibhlin