[Sca-cooks] sugar problems

Stephanie Ross hlaislinn at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 6 20:03:59 PDT 2006

Elizabeta wrote:
Metabolism has a major impact on whether a person
can gain or lose weight. [snip] Unfortunately, there's not a whole lot most
of us can do to
change our metabolism, and this IS genetic.

Not necessarily wholy the fault of genetics. I was reading an article about
a woman who kept having health problems with her horses, and she narrowed
it down to the fluoridated water in her town. While researching her claims,
I found out that fluoride overdose will destroy your thyroid over time. The
thyroid regulates metabolism. Anything that messes with your thyroid will
throw off your metabolism. Your endocrine system has to all be working in
tandem at each gland's correct function in order for you to regulate
weight. A close friend of mine hasn't been able to keep weight on unless
she eats constantly for as long as I've known her. She recently found out
that she has a tumor on her adrenal gland that is pushing it into
overproduction. Ephedra works on your adrenal gland which is why it works
for weight loss. However, if you push the glands too hard, they will run
out of steam and quit working when you are older. I believe the biggest
cause of middle age spread in post-menopausal women is due to the loss of
estrogen from the ovaries, which are part of the endocrine system. The
other glands can't compensate for the loss of that hormone and rapid aging
sets in.

~Aislinn~
Et si omnes ego non.

"The care of human life and happiness and not their destruction is the
first and only legitimate object of good government." --Thomas Jefferson to
Maryland Republicans, 1809.