[Sca-cooks] Beware of the fish

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 7 11:32:12 PDT 2006

> On Aug 7, 2006, at 1:18 PM, Fergus Stout wrote:
>

>> Back when I was cooking commercially, it was skate and not shark
>> that was most often used as a fraudulent scallop.
>>

> Did you ever actually see this done?

No, but Baroness Mary Taran has taken to avoiding all scallops in the
event that they might be cut-out skate, to which she is allergic.  Too
bad since she really likes scallops but is unwilling to take the chance
anymore.  One of these days I'll get my mitts on scallops-in-shells and
we will have a positive pigout!

Selene