[Sca-cooks] powdered sugar question take 2

Anne-Marie Rousseau dailleurs at liripipe.com
Mon Aug 7 14:46:59 PDT 2006

it might be tricky to make modern brown sugar "powdery" since its pretty sticky
from that molasses they tend to add back.

I have cooked with the cone sugar from mexico, grating it and then smooshing it
more in a mortar and pestle (a great activity for kids at demos :)). it does get
kinda white, eventually....

--Anne=-Marie

On Mon Aug  7 15:41 , 'Terry Decker' <t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net> sent: