[Sca-cooks] speaking of smokers...wood?

Alexa mysticgypsy1008 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 9 07:46:47 PDT 2006

Wow, thanks for the info....if I have any of  this "Lagerstroemia indica" left over after the fire pit use, can I use it in a smoker.....These trees grow everywhere around here in Virginia.
  Alexa

Huette von Ahrens <ahrenshav at yahoo.com> wrote:
  But Crape Myrtle isn't Myrtle, despite the name. Crape, or Crepe, Myrtle
is "Lagerstroemia indica", a member of the Lagerstroemia family. Myrtlewood
is "Myrtus communis" which is an entirely different plant/tree. And the Myrtlewood
from Oregon is an entirely different tree also, it is Umbellularia californica.
Called Oregon Myrtlewood in Oregon, it is called the California Bay Laurel in
California. They both are member of the Laurel tree family.

Huette