[Sca-cooks] Peanut Butter Soup

Kathleen Madsen kmadsen12000 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 9 13:59:19 PDT 2006

I just made a batch for lunch, it's cooking day and I
mixed it up while the cookies were going in and out of
the oven.

Delish!  I added a splash of Sriracha hot sauce (we
call it rooster sauce) and only had *chunky* PB.
Tastes good.  I might run it through the blender after
it cools to smooth the texture out.

With a happy tummy,
Eibhlin

I think I may have one around here somewhere. Just
checked my favorite
Virginia cookbook, "Virginia Hospitality" from the
Women's League of
Hampton Roads, VA.  I've not tried this particular
recipe, but know
that
every recipe I've made from this book is
excellent...so.....

Cream of Peanut Soup

2 ribs celery,chopped
1/4 cup butter
1 small onion, chopped
2 T flour
2 C. chicken broth
1 C. milk
1 C. light cream
1 C peanut butter
salt and pepper
paprika

Brown celery and onions in butter.  Add flour and
chicken broth, and
bring to a boil.  Add milk and cream.  Strain.  Add
peanut butter and
simmer for 5 minutes.  Season to taste.  Yields 6
servings or 8 cups.

Kiri