[Sca-cooks] Lamb with Roasted Apples and Onions

tom.vincent@yahoo.com tom.vincent at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 11 11:16:56 PDT 2006

37 grams of fat per serving isn't 'burdened'?!?  A Big Mac has *30* grams of fat!

So dropping the lamb dish down to 15 grams is significant.

And 500 calories for a Big Mac compared to 629 calories for the original lamb recipe!

The 'Makeover' also reduced the sodium from 534 mg down to 34 mg!  That's impressive!

Review the 'table' (well, it was a table before the list mangled it) comparing the Makeover version with the original:

Makeover  Traditional
Calories:  316 cals  629 cals
Kilojoules:  1,323 kJ  2,633 kJ
Fat  15.0 g  37.0 g
Carbohydrates  27.6 g  18.0 g
Protein  19.0 g  47.0 g
Cholesterol  58.0 mg  155.0 mg
Sodium  134 mg  534 mg
Saturated Fat  4.0 g  10.0 g
Fiber  3.6 g  2.6 g
Calcium  43.0 mg  126.0 mg
Total Sugars  19.6 g  2.0 g

That's some significant decreases in saturated fat and cholesterol, too!  Altogether a tasty, satifying, healthy dish!

Duriel

Tom Vincent
Republican agenda: Crush the middle class into poverty, rape the environment, enrich corporations, restore slavery, install a theocratic dictatorship. Fight back!