[Sca-cooks] Lamb Stewed period recipeRE: Lamb with Roasted Apples and Onions

grizly grizly at mindspring.com
Fri Aug 11 13:07:02 PDT 2006

-----Original Message-----
37 grams of fat per serving isn't 'burdened'?!?  A Big Mac has *30* grams of
fat!
So dropping the lamb dish down to 15 grams is significant.
And 500 calories for a Big Mac compared to 629 calories for the original
lamb recipe!
The 'Makeover' also reduced the sodium from 534 mg down to 34 mg!  That's
impressive!
Review the 'table' (well, it was a table before the list mangled it)
comparing the Makeover version with the original: <<SNIP>>>

ALERT COMMUNCATION SHORT CIRCUIT

The recipe provided and refered to by my last comments was the period recipe
for a Pork Estewed, if I can recall.  My reference was not to the original
modern one that was redone.  There were no nutritional breakdown data given
for the actual historical recipe (I could have missed it, though).  You'll
find my statements rather considered and rational when viewed in light of
that recipe reference that has no real fat issues and little sugar.

niccolo difrancesco
(man, do I come across that dumb on the other end?  I know I'm not a glowing
genius, but I gotta be smarter than a stick running uphill)