[Sca-cooks] menu planning for dietary restrictions...

Anne-Marie Rousseau dailleurs at liripipe.com
Fri Aug 11 13:59:07 PDT 2006

Durien sez:
>'Balancing' out an oily, tasty dish with non-oily side dishes sounds alot like
drinking a diet soda with a banana split. :)

thats funny, I see it as "not overloading the palate so you can really really enjoy
that banana split". which I would serve not with a diet soda but with a glass of
crisp white wine so you have a nice sour/sweet counterpoint.

same way I'd serve a crisp green salad alongside that raclette or fondue dinner.

different philosophies, I guess :)

--Anne-Marie