[Sca-cooks] OOP: Query on Steak Smothered In Onions...

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 25 16:37:16 PDT 2006

I never eat steak much, I prefer prime rib... But I do know of a few places here
in California that still offer grilled onions or grilled mushrooms on top of their
steak.

There is a great burger chain here in California that is called In & Out Burgers.
They are a small family owned burger chain that is so popular that most of their
places have cars constantly lined up waiting to order from 11 am to Midnight.  Their claim
to fame is that they offer a simple menu.  To whit:  A single burger.  A double
burger.  A single cheeseburger.  A double cheeseburger.  French fries.  Real ice cream
shakes.  And several different soft drinks.  That is it.  When you place your order,
that is when they start making your burger.  So everything is completely fresh.  The
meat, the buns, the french fries.  They usually put in a slice of fresh onion.  But
if you ask them, they will grill the onion for you before putting it on the burger.
That is what I always do.  Yum.  The only other meat that I put grilled onions on
is liver.  To me, liver isn't liver without the onions...

Huette