[Sca-cooks] Pecan Pie recipe
ldyannedubosc at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 30 23:14:52 PDT 2006
The addition of oats to this recipe cuts way down on the sweet candy effect.
Chocolate Oatmeal Pecan Pie
1 9-inch pie crust
2 1-ounce squares bitter chocolate or bakers chocolate
1/3 cup butter
1 cup light corn syrup
2/3 cup light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup quick cooking oats
2/3 cup pecan halves
For the garnish:
Freshly whipped, sweetened cream, optional
Make the filling:
1. In a double boiler, over barely simmering water, melt chocolate and
butter; stir with a wooden spoon to combine. Remove from heat and cool to
lukewarm on the counter.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, blend brown
sugar, corn syrup, eggs and salt until smooth.
3. Using a wooden spoon, stir in oats and pecan halves until combined. Add
cooled chocolate and butter mixture to the filling and stir well.
Assemble the pie:
1. Transfer filling to the unbaked crust. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or
until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool pie on a wire
2. Serve warm or at room temperature, garnished with whipped cream, if
Lady Anne du Bosc
Known as Mordonna The Cook
Mka Pat Griffin
Mundanely, Millbrook, AL
More information about the Sca-cooks