[Sca-cooks] Pecan Pie recipe
renaissancespirit2 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 31 20:59:51 PDT 2006
Increasing the nuts and decreasing the other ingredients accordingly helps any pecan pie a lot IMO.
Pat Griffin <ldyannedubosc at yahoo.com> wrote:
The addition of oats to this recipe cuts way down on the sweet candy effect.
Chocolate Oatmeal Pecan Pie
1 9-inch pie crust
2 1-ounce squares bitter chocolate or bakers chocolate
1/3 cup butter
1 cup light corn syrup
2/3 cup light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup quick cooking oats
2/3 cup pecan halves
For the garnish:
Freshly whipped, sweetened cream, optional
Make the filling:
1. In a double boiler, over barely simmering water, melt chocolate and
butter; stir with a wooden spoon to combine. Remove from heat and cool to
lukewarm on the counter.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, blend brown
sugar, corn syrup, eggs and salt until smooth.
3. Using a wooden spoon, stir in oats and pecan halves until combined. Add
cooled chocolate and butter mixture to the filling and stir well.
Assemble the pie:
1. Transfer filling to the unbaked crust. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or
until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool pie on a wire
2. Serve warm or at room temperature, garnished with whipped cream, if
Lady Anne du Bosc
Known as Mordonna The Cook
Mka Pat Griffin
Mundanely, Millbrook, AL
Sca-cooks mailing list
Sca-cooks at lists.ansteorra.org
Do you Yahoo!?
Get on board. You're invited to try the new Yahoo! Mail.
More information about the Sca-cooks