[Sca-cooks] Pennsic Weather

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Thu Aug 3 04:30:55 PDT 2006

Jadwiga had written:
>>That was a one-time event, and the waterbearers are apparently not
>>allowed to do it any more.

Stefan exploded:

>What!!! *Not allowed*? Whose DUMB-ASS idea is that!

Whether allowed or not, I don't think it makes any difference.  Last year
(and the year before?), I recall seeing multiple gallon jugs of water which
were placed in most of the tents for the use of class members.  Seems to me
that jugs in (all?) the tents are better than sporadic rounds by
waterbearers.  And, bear in mind that there may be a dearth of waterbearers
at any one time.  They are more needed on the tourney field than in the
classroom.  If there aren't any jugs in a specific tent, how about going to
to the A&S “office” which is located in the University area and inquiring
for some?

Alys Katharine

Elise Fleming
alysk at ix.netcom.com