[Sca-cooks] Silly Season Starts August 4

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 3 19:09:00 PDT 2006

--- Susan Fox <selene at earthlink.net> wrote:

> When at least half the list has left for 2 to 3 weeks, the rest of us
> who are left home alone have a tendency to misbehave.  The convo gets
> off topic, out of period and downright silly until the rest get back
> with Pennsic stories.
>
> I live in Caid and have never been to Pennsic my quarter-century in the
> Society.  Budget mostly, besides I'm an awful "city kid" and not much of
> a camper even when the event is local.  I can't figure out how to bring
> all the Stuff I consider Necessary to a site further than I feel
> comfortable driving alone.  Sigh, it's true, if two hours is a long
> drive or a short court, you just might be Caidan.

I doubt that there has been a Coronation Court in Caid that has been shorter
than three hours.  Twelfth Night courts have been that short, but not a
Coronation Court...

But I am with you in the Stuff That is Necessary to Camp With...  If I were
to drive to Pennsic with all of my Stuff, it would take a week to get there,
two weeks camping and a week to drive back.  When I go, I plan to fly there,
find a nice B&B with a hot tub, and day trip it.  You never saw all of the
Stuff that I brought with me when I camped at GWW, which is only 45 minutes
from home.  Two loaded station wagon trips, so that I would have that
"home-away-from home" feeling...  Sigh...  I am so effete...

Huette