[Sca-cooks] Silly Season Starts August 4

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Thu Aug 3 19:23:22 PDT 2006

At 07:09 PM 8/3/2006, you wrote:

>But I am with you in the Stuff That is Necessary to Camp With...  If I were
>to drive to Pennsic with all of my Stuff, it would take a week to get there,
>two weeks camping and a week to drive back.  When I go, I plan to fly there,
>find a nice B&B with a hot tub, and day trip it.  You never saw all of the
>Stuff that I brought with me when I camped at GWW, which is only 45 minutes
>from home.  Two loaded station wagon trips, so that I would have that
>"home-away-from home" feeling...  Sigh...  I am so effete...
>
>Huette

Heh.
Well folks, I camp pretty decadently- full-size bed with four poster frame
and curtains, rugs, occasional tables, trunks, candelabra, washstand, and
sometimes my pre-dieu. The pavilion is 12x16 up, no guys. The kitchen goes
up under the dayshade out back- full service, water, stove, coolers,
tables, and dishwashing assembly. Could be my old days of playing Tetris,
but I can fit all of that into an 82 Volvo wagon. With room for a passenger
even.

Oh- almost forgot- there's a 9-foot spear on the roof, too...

Now what I _really_ need is a sedan chair and a fleet of good-looking slave
boys to tote me around site! (oy, especially the Coronation site last
month, where no matter where you go, it's UPHILL!) And someone to wave a
big feathered fan in my direction, and someone to bring me tasty treats. :-)

Must go now- my favorite Cabana Boy is due into town any minute!

'Lainie