[Sca-cooks] Spanish feast menu

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Mon Aug 7 07:20:05 PDT 2006

Greetings.
Here is my draft menu for the Spanish feast I will be doing on Labor
day.

STARTERS:
Olives *
Lombardy sops (layered casserole of bread & cheese with broth) (bread,
dairy, meat; vegetarian version available on request)
Sallat *

FIRST COURSE:
Fish with Orange Juice
Fried Millet Polenta (contains dairy; plain dairy free millet available)
*
Cooked dish of Lentils  *
Garlic Chicken
Limonada (raisin-lemon-almond pudding) (nuts) *
Parsley Dish (contains nuts, bread)*

SECOND COURSE:
Casserole of Pork
Rice cooked in the Oven (may contain eggs)*
Modern Pottage of Chard, served with parmesan on the side *
Moorish Eggplant (contains eggs, dairy) *
Fried figs *
Carrot-Cheese Pie (contains dairy) *

Buffet:
Food for Angels (Sweetened cheese with rosewater or orange flower water)
*
Anise Biscotti (contains wheat) *
Peach Dish (contains meat broth)
Quince Paste *
Fruit *
Jordan Almonds *

* indicates vegetarian options. An additional meat dish may be added at
the cook's discretion.
-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net