[Sca-cooks] Hidden sources of food allergens

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Sun Aug 20 06:17:01 PDT 2006

On Aug 20, 2006, at 12:01 AM, grizly wrote:

> [...]

I was going to mention this last night, but got side-tracked. My
experience has been that many of the instances in which flour has
been specifically mentioned as a hidden allergen has been in
reference to restaurant foods, where A) restaurants rarely use actual
flour for that purpose, although some related product or derivative
_is_ possible, and B) most often flour is used by home cooks for
these purposes, where presumably you can get an honest, simple and
straightforward answer to questions you may have.

Of course, that doesn't really render the basic complaint, that some
people can have an attack from eating French fries if they're coated
or fried in a contaminated oil, null and void...

Adamantius