[Sca-cooks] Military training

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Aug 21 17:27:00 PDT 2006

Gunthar replied about a story which can be found in the Florilegium
about military instructors coming up against folks with previous SCA
martial arts training:

<<< All the versions agree that after receiving such a thorough
whupping,
the pugil instructors had Vis give them lessons.  They were large,
powerful fellows, in excellent condition, and fiercely determined never
to let this happen again.

There's a story to follow this one that has never been heard: What ever
happened to the next SCA smart-guy at that camp who thought he could
show these instructors a thing or two about pole-weapons? >>>

Well, if you hear from this SCA fighter, I'd sure like to get his
story for the Florilegium. :-)

I have wondered though how SCA techniques would work against the
lighter-weight riot shields with little windows I see in various news
photographs. Or whether trebs and catapults with modern incendiaries
would work against state terrorism such as the Israeli bulldozers.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com